Evidence-Based Practices (EBPs) for Dual Diagnosis Project aims to increase competencies of mental health providers via trainings on EBPs for individuals with dual diagnosis. EBPs are treatments that have been shown through clinical research to produce positive outcomes for clients and their families. To learn more about evidence-based interventions available for implementation, please visit the SAMHSA website
- Increase clinical knowledge and improve understanding of adaptive applications of evidence-based interventions in the mental health treatment of individuals with developmental disabilities
- Individual client outcomes will be measured based on EBPs self-reported by clinicians and they may include: decreased child maladaptive behaviors and/or improved social competence, increase parental competence and/or decreased stress, and/or higher level of parental self-efficacy in handling home and work responsibilities.
1. Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
What is Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
TF-CBT Training Curriculum
TF-CBT Booster Training Curriculum
TF-CBT Online Training
National Therapist Certification Program
4. Seeking Safety
What is seeking Safety?
Seeking Safety Flyer – one-day training
Seeking Safety Flyer – two-day training
Seeking Safety -Treatment Innovations
Additional Training Resources
7. DBT for Special Populations – Parent Workshop
DBT for Special Populations Parent Workshop Flyer
DBT for Special Populations Parent Training Curriculum
8. DBT for Special Populations – Clinician Workshop
DBT for Special Populations Clinician Training Flyer
DBT for Special Populations Clinician Training Curriculum
9. Triple P–Positive Parenting Program
What is the Triple P–Positive Parenting Program?
Triple P Standard Stepping Stones Level 4 Training Flyer
Triple P Standard Stepping Stones Level 4 Extension Course Training Flyer
Triple P Stepping Stones Training Curriculum
Triple P for Parents of Children with a Disability
10. Individual Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (IND CBT)
IND CBT Flyer
IND CBT Training Curriculum
Academy of Cognitive Therapy Certification Program
16. Promoting Resilience Against Burnout
Resilience Training Curriculum
Compassion Satisfaction/Fatigue Self-Test for Helpers
To encourage statewide replication of this project, we created a PROJECT BLUEPRINT. This blueprint outlines a step-by-step action plan for each component of the project. It is meant to be a guide that includes an overview of the project, its goals, implementation, and evaluation.